the Oracle database. Students learn to interpret execution plans and the different ways in which data can be accessed. Students are shown how to decipher, decide and then apply tuning to their SQL code. Various tuning techniques are demonstrated. For example, taking advantage of bind variables, trace files, and using the different types of indexes.
- Use Oracle tools to identify inefficient SQL statements.
- Write more efficient SQL statements.
- Monitor and trace high load SQL statements.
- Manage optimizer statistics on database objects.
- Understand the optimizer process steps and operators.
- Interpret execution plans.
- Perform application tracing.